Business Incubator Programs
Lake County’s Economic Development Department has partnered with Lake Sumter State College in the development of an innovative business incubator program in Lake County. From traditional business incubator office space to co-working and shared office space, the LSSC program supports innovation and entrepreneurialism by giving new and developing businesses a strong start.
Three (3) business incubator locations are available to meet the needs of Lake County’s very diverse business and demographic Population. These locations, which we call Business Opportunity Centers (BOC’s), offer affordable office space, specialty training, mentoring and other educational services. The BOC Incubator Program is designed to make it convenient for entrepreneurs to find the resources they need and provides the opportunity to use the resources when they need them.
Businesses at any stage of development are encouraged to take advantage of the wide array of business resources and support services. Some of the resources available include:
- Very attractive program fees
- Private, furnished office (desk, chair and file cabinet)
- Co-working or shared space option
- Shared receptionist
- Janitorial service
- Joint usage of high tech conference room
- Free and ample parking
- 24-7 access
- Shared office equipment (fax, color copier, digital postal scale, shredder, etc.)
- Security System
- High speed internet
- Break room
- Business resource library
- Access to free workshops and seminars
- Business Mentoring matching
- Professional assistance in marketing, management, technical, etc.
- Networking opportunities
- On-site access to the services of the Florida SBDC at UCF
Space in the Business Incubator Program (BIP) is limited. To find out how to participate in one of the Lake County BIP Programs, please click on the "Join the Incubator" link below, which will direct you to the LSSC Business Incubator website.
For any specific questions related to the LSSC Business Incubator Program, please contact the Program Director, Nancy Muenzmay at 352-602-4575.